Happy Sunday folks!
As the weather starts to cool, we are looking for warm comfort food for breakfast & these certainly hit the spot!
The twins did not want to add any nuts, chopped dates, or golden raisins – but you can!
Have a fantastic week ahead!
Vegan Breakfast Cookies
1 medium very ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup dry roasted almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup mini semi sweet chips (I used Enjoy Life)
1/4 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
3 tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Sprinkle flax over water and let stand until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix banana, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and flaxseed mixture until combined.
3. Add in oats, almond flour, chocolate chips, cinnamon, cardamom, chia seeds, and salt.
4. Mix until combined. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
5. Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter onto the lined baking sheet. Gently press cookies with fingertips to flatten slightly – do not squish.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges of cookies are golden brown. These will not get golden on the top – but they are done & soft on the inside.
7. Remove from oven. Let sit for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, and then transfer to cooling rack.