Middle Eastern Style Potato Salad, Vegan
I was totally inspired by Chef Michael Solomonov’s “Potatoes with Green Tahini Sauce” for this recipe. This is a great vegan potato salad that packs a flavorful punch! The sauce would also be fantastic as a salad dressing, or mixed in with roasted veggies, it is rich and creamy from the tahini and yet fresh and light from the herbs and lemon juice. Enjoy!
1lb 8oz (roughly 16) Dutch Yellow Baby Potatoes
Himalayan pink salt
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnish.
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
Himalayan pink salt to taste
1. Rinse potatoes under cool water to remove any debris.
2. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by roughly 2 inches.
Generously salt water.
3. Bring potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Let the potatoes cool in the water until they reach room temperature, about 2 hours.
4. Drain and cut potatoes into quarters, and place into a large bowl.
5. Place cilantro, lemon juice, 1/4 cup parsley, tahini, garlic, and olive oil in food processor.
Process until smooth, stirring and processing as necessary.
6. Pour sauce over potatoes, and toss to combine, salt to taste.
7. Add chopped parsley and mint, stir.
8. Drizzle with olive oil, serve immediately.