Hi there! I’ve got a fun Summer salad here for you. Some of you may not be huge quinoa fans, but it’s pretty well hidden in this salad and oh so good for you – so give it a try! I love the earthiness and texture the quinoa adds to the salad, coupled with the brightness of the citrus here. Vegans can use maple syrup instead of honey, and omit the goat cheese. Quinoa and dressing can be made the night before and stored in the fridge. Enjoy!
For the dressing:
1⁄4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
2 tablespoons honey
Small squirt of yellow mustard
1 teaspoon dill, finely chopped
1 teaspoon mint, finely chopped
1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
For the salad:
1⁄3 cup cooked quinoa (room temperature)
2 heaped cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
2 heaped cups loosely packed baby spring lettuce mix
1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
5 large strawberries, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
1⁄4 cup mandarin oranges (juice drained)
Handful of raw sliced almonds
1 to 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Place olive oil, lime juice, orange juice concentrate, honey, mustard, dill, mint, parsley and garlic in a mason jar fitted with a lid and shake until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, spinach, lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, apple, and oranges.
- Add desired amount of dressing and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle almonds and goat cheese on top of salad mixture and serve.
**Check out some of the items I used here by clicking on the Amazon link below. This link is an affiliate link, your purchase costs will be the same but The Masala Girl will automatically receive a small commission, thanks for your support. 🙂