I typically have frozen spinach and cans of garbanzos in my pantry, making this an easy fix for me. It’s just kissed with exotic spices to add flavor, and makes a hearty meal. You can eat it on it’s own, with rice, tortillas or flatbreads. Enjoy!
3 tablespoons melted ghee
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 cup onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated with a microplane
1 16 oz package of frozen spinach
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Dash of cayenne pepper
3 cloves of garlic, put through a garlic press, or finely minced
1 15oz can of garbanzo beans, rinsed (cold water) and drained in a colander
1. In a large skillet heat ghee over medium heat.
2. Add cumin seeds.
3. When the cumin seeds start to “crackle” add onions.
4. Saute onions until golden.
5. Add ginger, stir
6. Add spinach, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, and garlic, stir to combine.
7. Add garbanzos, stir.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. Cook for roughly 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted and cooked through.
10. Serve and enjoy!
**Check out some of the items I used here by clicking on the Amazon link below. This link is an affiliate link, your purchase costs will be the same but The Masala Girl will automatically receive a small commission, thanks for your support. 🙂