This recipe is one of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes. It has all the richness of a regular mashed potato, without the dairy. Fantastic when paired with grilled vegetables. Enjoy!
5 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
4 tablespoons mild flavored olive oil
8 curry leaves
1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 cup chopped onions
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
1. Place potatoes in a large pot of cold water, and bring to a boil.
2. Add a few very generous pinches of salt, and lower heat to medium.
3. Cook potatoes for roughly 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft when pierced with a knife. Do not overcook.
4. Drain potatoes. Mash (lumpy is good), and add salt to taste.
5. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
6. Add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
7. When mustard seeds start to crackle and pop add onions.
8. Saute stirring frequently, until onions are golden brown.
9. Add turmeric and give a quick stir before immediately adding potatoes.
10. Stir until all ingredients are combined and serve.
**Check out some of the items I used here by clicking on the Amazon link below. This link is an affiliate link, your purchase costs will be the same but The Masala Girl will automatically receive a small commission, thanks for your support. 🙂