I had some leftover slaw from my vegetarian tacos (if you haven’t tried those, they are a must), and thought it would make a fantastic salad – and it did! The creamy-tangy dressing combined with the rich avocado, crunchy cabbage and pumpkin seeds was a hit in our house. Make it vegan by using vegan sour cream and mayo. Enjoy!
2 cups shredded cabbage 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
1⁄4 cup sour cream
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1⁄8 teaspoon cumin powder
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of cayenne pepper
Dash of paprika
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 Roma tomato, finely chopped
1 avocado, cut into small pieces
Handful of roasted and salted pepitas/pumpkin seeds (I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Toss cabbage, cilantro, and green onion in a medium sized bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin, garlic, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add dressing by the spoonfuls folding and tossing until cabbage mixture is well coated (reserving leftover dressing for garnish) set aside.
- Top cabbage mixture with avocado, tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds.
- Add extra dressing if desired.
**Check out some of the items I used here by clicking on the Amazon link below. This link is an affiliate link, your purchase costs will be the same but The Masala Girl will automatically receive a small commission, thanks for your support. 🙂