My friend Marci made this pasta for me last week, and I just loved it! It tastes like a bite of summer with the fresh basil, and cooking the tomatoes slightly just intensifies their flavor. The garlic mellows and sweetens during the cooking process, and with the wonderful tartness and creaminess of the goat cheese it’s pretty darn fabulous. Enjoy!
1⁄2 pound spaghetti
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 pound of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons capers, well drained
Goat cheese for garnish
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions in well salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook stirring frequently for one minute. Do not brown garlic!
- Add tomatoes, stir.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until juice starts to run out of tomatoes. You don’t want to overcook tomatoes and have them be mushy.
- Add basil and capers, stir.
- Add spaghetti, toss until combined.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
**Check out some of the items I used here by clicking on the Amazon link below. This link is an affiliate link, your purchase costs will be the same but The Masala Girl will automatically receive a small commission, thanks for your support. 🙂