Here is a great alternative to traditional Rice Krispie treats. I love nut butters and chocolate in general, so I could eat the whole pan of these if I’m not careful. If you are vegan, you can substitute maple syrup for the honey and use vegan chocolate. You can also switch these up and use the nut butter of your choice, I also love these with hazelnut. I used Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal for these. Enjoy!
8 X 8 pan lined with nonstick foil
4 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal or rice cereal of choice
1⁄2 cup almond butter (creamy or chunky), or nut butter of choice
1⁄2 cup honey, or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place rice cereal in large bowl, set aside.
- Place almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until very warm, almost hot.
- Remove from heat and pour over cereal.
- Stir until combined.
- Immediately spoon cereal mixture into prepared 8 x 8 pan, and quickly press firmly down into the pan using the back of the spatula. Set aside.
- Warm chocolate over a *bain marie until warm, smooth and fluid.
- Pour over cereal mixture and spread to coat entire top.
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from pan, and slice into small squares.
- Serve, and enjoy!
*Bain Marie: Fill a saucepan about half full of water. Bring water to a boil. Turn off the heat and place a heat safe bowl over the saucepan. Water should not be touching the bowl. The steam does the heating.
**Check out some of the items I used here by clicking on the Amazon link below. This link is an affiliate link, your purchase costs will be the same but The Masala Girl will automatically receive a small commission, thanks for your support. 🙂