I got this recipe from my friend Darci years ago, and it has been one of my go-to salads since. I’ve tweaked it a bit here, I added less onion, garlic, black beans and jalapenos (for the little kiddos). It’s fab served up with tortilla chips as an appetizer too. Enjoy!
Cookie sheet covered with nonstick tin foil or silpat
1 16oz package frozen organic corn, thawed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, finely minced or pushed through a garlic press
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
3 italian tomatoes, chopped (3/4 cup)
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
1 red bell pepper (1 cup), finely chopped (deseeded and core removed)
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed in a colander
2 avocados, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (2 cups)
1. Place corn on prepared cookie sheet.
2. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until corn begins to turn light golden brown, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
In a small jar with tight fitting lid shake to combine salt, cumin, lime juice, 5 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and garlic.
1. In a large bowl, combine cilantro, onion, tomatoes, chiles, bell pepper, garlic, beans, and corn.
2. Add dressing, stir to combine.
3. Add avocado, fold gently to combine and serve immediately or refrigerate up to 6 hours and add avocado at serving time.
**Check out some of the items I used here by clicking on the Amazon link below. This link is an affiliate link, your purchase costs will be the same but The Masala Girl will automatically receive a small commission, thanks for your support. 🙂